Traditionally Hanukkah is associated with the dreidel! The dreidel is One
of the traditional games Hanukkah games.
Back to Index
- Computerized Dreidel Game from JCN Visit this site and play online dreidel. A dreidel is a pointy, four-sided top which can be made to spin on its pointy base. The four letters which appear on the four corners of a dreidel allude to the miracle of Hanukkah. Taken one after the other they spell out (from right to left): Nes (miracle), Gadol (great), Haya (happened) and Sham (there, meaning in Israel). (Visit this site and learn more about the game and try your hand at it. It's great fun!)
- Poker, Dreidel and Hanukkah Judaism has always frowned on gambling. In fact, a person who is a known gambler is disqualified from being considered a
witness. If that is the case, how is it that once a year, children pull out a funny, little, squarish top, engraved on 4 sides with
Hebrew letters, and.... gamble? (Visit this site and learn more about this wonderful tradition!)
- The Kids Exchange Hanukkah The Kids Exchange, which is sponsored by About.com is a wonderful resource on the festivities and traditions of Hanukkah. This site is dedicated to kids of all ages! (Visit their other sites.)
- More to come . . .
Back to Index
- Hanukkah Feastings from Women.com Traditional Hanukkah goodies which include Sweet Potato Latkes topped with Golden Cinnamon
Applesauce and a slimmed-down rice pudding that don't sacrifice an ounce of taste. (Other delicious goodies can be found on this page as well!)
CityView's Happy Holidays-Hanukkah-Recipes! Traditional Hanukkah Recipes include Potato Latkes, Pear Chutney and Potato Kugel. (My mouth is watering just typing this section of my Hanukkah webpage.)
Recipes from your Mining Company Guide Peggy Trowbridge put
together the most luscious Hanukkah feast imaginable. Her menu includes
the traditional Potato Latkes, Kasha Varnishkes, Soft Pretzels for Hanukkah,
Easy Cauliflower Latkes, Potato and Vegetable Kugel, Hanukkah Bimuelos
or Loukoumades (Fried Honey Puffs), Sukariyot Soomsoom (Crunchy Sesame
Seed Candies), Easy Wine-Marinated Brisket, and more. (This is the
most comprehensive recipe list I have encountered so far!)
Recipes Luscious Sweet Potato Latkes; Colorful Veggy Latkes;
Hanukkah Brisket, and Hanukkah Jell-O.
Hanukkah Recipes Mimi's Cyber Kitchen Presents Hanukkah Recipes from the Cyber Kitchen! The celebration of Hanukkah revolves around the miracle which saw one day's worth.
Hanukkah Recipes - Home Cooking Hanukkah Recipes from your Mining Company Guide.
- Traditional Hanukkah Recipes Virtual Jerusalem Two pages of wonderful traditional Hanukkah recipes. (Doing this section is most difficult for me as I want to run and cook and taste all the delicious goodies that they describe. One does not have to be Jewish to appreciate all these fabulous recipes!)
- Recipe for Challah This recipe is brought to you by The University Women of The University of Judaism.
- Stuffed Cabbage Hungarian Style This recipe is brought to you by The University Women of The University of Judaism.